ask mesa

Best answer

Summer Aid Availability

Summer aid is available in the form of:

  • The California College Promise Grant (previously known as the BOG waiver),
  • Federal Pell Grants for students who did not use 100% of their eligibility or students have no reached 600% of their Maximum Lifetime Eligibility and who meet the enrollment requirements for a “year-round” Pell Grant disbursement.
  • Federal Direct Loans for borrowers whom, during the academic year, did not borrow 100% of their year maximum or have increased their eligibility by upward moving from 1st year student (completed 29 units or less towards their degree) to a 2nd year (completed 30 units or more towards their degree per Ed Plan).
  • Private / Alternative loans

New students must have their file complete, evaluated and awarded before their last day of classes or the last day of summer classes whichever date comes first.

If you have additional questions or concerns, you can visit the Financial Aid Office located on the 1st floor of the Student Services Building for direct assistance.