ask mesa

Best answer

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is the academic measure in which financial aid applicants and recipients progress and complete their educational goal according to federal standards.

All financial aid applicants must have a SAP determination prior to aid disbursement. 

Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in their record towards a degree or certificate in order to be eligible for, and to continue receiving, financial assistance.  If a student fails to do so, he or she will need to have an appeal satisfactorily approved in order to be conditionally eligible for financial aid. The form and procedures to follow can be found by visiting our webpage at:

Appeals submitted are reviewed by date order in which they were received by an Appeal Committee. Decision of the Appeal Committee is final.

If you have additional questions or concerns, you can visit the Financial Aid Office located on the 1st floor of the Student Services Building for direct assistance.