ask mesa

Best answer

Emergency Funding

The Financial Aid Office does not have access or the ability to provide “emergency funds” to students with urgent financial need. Depending on the circumstances and the amount of funds needed, the Equity Office may have limited funds available to help, however, fund availability is not guaranteed.

In the unfortunate case in which you experience a change in income from the one reported on the FAFSA, and the change was due to circumstances beyond your personal control, you may submit a “Request for an Income Reduction.” The petition along with all the supporting documentation and explanation will be evaluated and a determination made. If additional information is required, the student will be notified. Once we receive the additional information, the office makes a determination, and the student is notified of the outcome via e-mail. If the petition is approved, the allowable changes will be submitted to CPS for reprocessing your application. There is a possibility that your application will be selected to complete the verification process and the office will be required to request additional documentation. 

If you have additional questions or concerns, you can visit the Financial Aid Office located on the 1st floor of the Student Services Building for direct assistance. In compliance with Federal and SDCCD privacy policies, you must be ready to present your student ID or your valid state issued identification card to receive financial aid file specific information. For more information please visit our FERPA website link located at: